It is a vocational trade where students learn to fit or install machinery or other equipment. Students also learn to assemble structural frameworks from materials such as I-beam, plate steel, and angle iron. It helps the students to learn how to use hand tools, how to repair equipments, and how to follow blueprint specifications. It is a two years course conducted in four semesters, and each semester is six months. This trade helps to open many options for self-employment and further studies. The opportunities offered by this trade include technician, mechanical fitter, pipefitter, sanitary hardware fitter, lathe machine operator, drilling machine operator, etc
1) Mechanical Fitter.
3) Sanitary Hardware Fitter.
4) Lathe Machine Operator.
5) Drilling machine operator.
6) Pipe Fitter.
7) Production & Mfg. industries
8) Structural Fabrication.
9) Automobile and allied industries.
10) Road transportation and railways.
11) Ship building and repair.
12) Defense organisations.
13) The government organizations that hire ITI Fitter candidates include ONGC,BHEL, Indian Railways, SAIL, GAIL, Electricity Department, NTPC, etc.
After successful completion of this course the trainee shall be able to perform the following skills with proper sequence.
1) The trainees can work in the industry as semi-skilled fitter.
2) The trainee can work in the field of pipe fitting, lathe, drilling, welding, Inspection & measurement, general fitting work observing safety precautions.
3) The trainees can work on Dismantle & assemble of various valves, test the accuracy of Machine tools.
4) Perform simple repair on machinery, dovetail slides and assemble with locationdowel pins, stud and bolts.
5) Prepare snap gauge for checking diameters to an accuracy of ± 0.02 mm
6) Handle different type of Fire extinguishers
1) On successful completion of the course trainees can pursue Apprenticeship training in the reputed Industries / Organizations.
2) On successful completion of the course trainees can opt for Diploma course (Lateral entry).
3) On successful completion of the course trainees can opt for CITS course.